Recently Muizenberg residents have been noticing activity after dark on Muizenberg’s mountain, including fires being lit, especially in the cave near Packs Valley.
- No person other than SANParks rangers are allowed
on the mountain between 18h00 and 06h00
How to report
Lighting fires on the mountain at any time of day poses a huge risk of wildfire and should be reported immediately. To be able apprehend and prosecute, the perpetrators need to be caught in the act, which can be tricky way up the mountain, so this is the best bet:
- SanParks Hotline: 0861 106 417
They will dispatch rangers to the scene, hopefully with the element of surprise, so that the offenders are caught in the act
Alternative numbers to report a fire on the mountain:
- City’s Regional Fire Control: 021 590 1900
- Newlands Fire Base: 021 689 7438
- Lakeside Fire Department: 021 788 1843
Help us keep Our Mountain fire-free.